Thursday 7 July 2016

Drive to Munnar

Monsoon expeditions started as per plan, after couple of one day encounters it was time to execute the long drive plans. Drive to munnar was planned well in advance. This drive was planned for 3 days. Sunil, Pradeep, Guru and Siddesh joined for this trip. Since we planned this trip in advance we got enough time to book hotels for our stay and to make a list of places to visit. 

We decided the trip dates from July 8th to 10th. Started our journey on Thursday late night itself, every one gathered near our home and started our journey around 11.00PM. We can reach Munnar in different routes, since roads will be closed in night time to public vehicles in forest check post (Mysore route) we opted Housr – Dharmapuri - Selam – Namakkal – Dindagal – Munnar (around 520 Kms). Compared to other routes this route is bit long, but still considering the condition of road we chose this route. 

Since it was late night, even traffic was not much and drive was very smooth. We estimated around 10 hours drive to reach our destination, including all our breaks. 

Till Kodaikanal junction everything went as per plan. By the time we reach this junction it was around 5.30AM even sun started to come out providing awesome view. From here on our breaks were increased for photo session 😊































We were in no hurry to continue our journey; main intention was to enjoy the nature. Stopped near many view points and continued our photo session. 



















I should mention about this spot. View at this point was changing every minute, mist, sun light, passing clouds all together it was fest for our eyes 😊 











Finally we reached our destination Ayur County resorts around 9.00 a.m.. Sunil booked a Ayur County Resorts which is located 15 kms away from Munnar.  Last time when I visited Munnar crossed this resort but could not stay here, but it was in bucket list. During this visit ticked this from wish list.  

Finishing all the check in formalities it’s time to get fresh and relax for a while.  My personal opinion is we can spend awesome time in and around this resort only instead of going out for side seeing. 

We decided to spend some time in pool before going out for side seeing. Cold weather and continuous rain for a sec made us to think about it, but it was fun 🙂 Trust me one should try that ! It was awesome experience. 

After getting refresh, we planned to visit Mattupetty Dam which was around 30 Kms from resort. 

2 comments:

  1. Munnar is the best hill station which i have ever seen till today in India. I love to make tour to this kind of the places along with my friends. I have been to this place in the month of he January in the year 2016. That was one of the great experienced gained by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Than You!

    Enchanting Munnar - A Paradise on Earth!

    Wow, what an incredible guide to Munnar! 😍 This blog post has truly captured the essence of this breathtaking destination. The vivid descriptions and stunning imagery make me feel like I'm already there, surrounded by the lush greenery and pristine landscapes.

    I've been considering Munnar for my next vacation, and after reading this article, I'm even more convinced that it's the perfect choice. The information about the tea plantations is fascinating, and I can almost smell the aroma of fresh tea leaves just by reading about it.

    The detailed list of places to visit in Munnar is incredibly helpful for planning my itinerary. I appreciate the insider tips and recommendations, especially the mention of the Mattupetty Dam and Echo Point. The inclusion of both popular and off-the-beaten-path attractions adds a nice touch and caters to a variety of interests.

    The section on local cuisine is making my mouth water! I can't wait to try the authentic Kerala dishes, especially the traditional sadya. It's great to know that the blog provides not just travel inspiration but also practical tips for enjoying the local culture and cuisine.

    Overall, this blog has ignited my wanderlust, and I can't wait to experience the magic of Munnar firsthand. Kudos to the writer for creating such an informative and visually appealing piece. I'll definitely be referring back to this blog as I plan my trip. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

Vagamon Heights

After enjoying the morning Jeep drive to Ullupooni, we decided to relax at the resort. For the evening, we planned to visit Vagamon Heights,...